Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I know its early but I started thinking about invitations... Should I make my own DIY from scratch? A kit from Michaels? I did not want to spend that much money...

I went to my local scrapbooking store (Cherished Scrapbooks) and found some inspirational cardstock, patterned paper and a paper trimmer for 40% off (score!).


This is my inspiration invitation:


I think I'm going with the green for invitations, RSVP cards, and place cards and the pink for the program fan. Once I do a mock up, I will post. The cost? Approximately $96 for paper (invitations, placecards and programs) and envelopes (invitation and RSVP) for $20US. Not bad! I will have to make 120 invites and over 160 program fans (enough for 200 guests?).

Update: Okay, so instead of $0.85/sheet, I just bought 2 packs of 100 of the parakeet (green) for US$45.38! Okay, I know its super early but what a deal! With exchange of 1.14, its $51.73 so $0.52/sheet! I decided to forgo the pink (quartz) for the program fans (they didn't have it in stock). I bought it from www.scrapbook.com. I'm having it shipped to my head office in the US to avoid duty. My invitation budget just got slashed! :)

No comments: