For those living in Toronto (and/or have access to a Toronto Public Library card), you're in luck.
"With the Sun Life Financial Museum and Arts Pass (MAP), you and your family can explore the best of Toronto's arts and cultural treasures for free.
With a valid adult Toronto Public Library card, you can borrow a MAP for your family at any Toronto Public Library branch. Quantities are limited and borrowing rules apply."
The notable museums are Art Gallery of Ontario, Ontario Science Centre, Casa Loma and the Royal Ontario Museum (the later four passses are only available at select libraries).
A valid adult Toronto Public Library card is all that you need to borrow a Sun Life Financial Museum and Arts Pass (MAP) for your family.
- One pass per valid adult library card per week – each pass admits one family. Patrons cannot borrow more than one pass at per week.
- Admission parameters vary by organisation, but most venues provide access for up to two adults and up to four children during regular operating hours. The back of each pass specifies details and restrictions. Each pass is good for one visit only.
- Sun Life Financial Museum and Arts Passes cannot be renewed or reserved. They are available only on a first-come, first-served basis in limited quantities.
- You can borrow passes to any of the participating venues, and you can borrow them more than once.
- Passes do not have to be returned to the Library but instead are surrendered at the venue. There are no overdue fines or fees on the Sun Life Financial Museum and Arts Pass."
If anyone wants to take me, I'm game! Unfortunately, I live in Mississauga and don't have a Toronto Public library card.