Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm a disappointing blogger... A year later

I can't believe its been almost a year since we got married and the last time I really blogged!

Wow, what a year it has been!

Shortly after coming back from my honeymoon, my job was eliminated. I really enjoyed the company but with the restructuring and changes, they no longer needed campus recruiting. I knew this going into the wedding and honeymoon but I pushed it out of mind during the celebrations.

My severance was for 3 months so that actually bought me some time off and I had most of the summer off - in hindsight, it was a great time to be off and a good time to enjoy married life with Shaun. We were able to go to Atlantic City and visit my friend Jen for a weekend in NYC right before I started working again.

In August, I started a new recruiting job. What a change! Working back in the downtown core and taking the GO train. In a couple words, the company wasn't for me and I knew a couple months in that I needed to get outta there. For someone who actually enjoys stability and loyalty with companies (5 years with the first and 2 years with the last), this was a change for me. I lasted 7 months!

Fast forward to April 2008, I was able to find an amazing new job, really close to home and that has a wondering working environment.

This summer is going to be busy and will lead up to Shaun and my next adventure: climbing Machu Picchu in Peru in September! Meanwhile, I've got an engagement party, bridal shower and bachelorette party planning for my bff.

They say, if you write down your goals, you're more likely to attain them so here it is in black and white - or whatever colour my background and font colour is, I'll be updating this more regularly, at least once a week. You can hold me to this!

Stay tuned for what's next...

No comments: